Friday 19 September 2008

Airlie Beach-Prosperpine

From Townsville I travelled [again by Greyhound] to Airlie Beach- a small harbour town near the Whitsunday Islands. I am planning to go sailing there for a couple of days. But first I continued travelling to Prosperpine where Leanne, my friend from Maastricht was picking Eggplants [aubergines]. She was staying in a guesthouse where everybody was working, so a nice group of people who all knew eachother. It was great staying there!

It was simply perfect, seeing Leanne. We spent most of our time catching up- talking about our travels, our troubles and all the things we miss! She is now off to New Zealand, but we'll probably meet again in Melbourne in December, so maybe even celebrate Christmas/New Year together!?

I am back in Airlie Beach, where I booked a sailtrip to the islands, but the boat was nut fully booked, so now i need to wait another 3 days in this boring town [mainly filled with drunk young backpackers]. Good thing is, that Alister, the South African guy I met in Cairns, is making his way down here [after two weeks of chilly-picking]. Maybe we'll sail toghether, or maybe we'll head south together afterwards... we'll see!

Enough for now. Enjoy the pictures [reality is however much better].

Take care people!

Bas.

No comments: